Lonesome Tree in Sandhills

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Right Wing 'Fix' for GOP: Medieval Bloodletting

I was driving to the Red Cross for a little bloodletting today & almost spewed my drink all over my dashboard when I heard what Dick Cheney told Bob Schieffer on Face The Nation about Colin Powell!!
Schieffer brought up recent banter about the Republican Party's future: "Rush Limbaugh said the other day that the party would probably be better off if Colin Powell left and just became a Democrat. Colin Powell said Republicans would be better off if they didn't have Rush Limbaugh out speaking for them. Where do you come down [on this]?"
"Well, if I had to choose in terms of being a Republican, I'd go with Rush Limbaugh, I think," Cheney replied. "I think my take on it was Colin had already left the party. I didn't know he was still a Republican."

So Dick's prescription for an ailing Grand Old Party is to shove a military man like Powell out the door! Given a large percentage of active & inactive military people follow Powell, would that not be like a medieval bloodletting??

Shhhh!! Listen!! You can hear Jon Stewart is rubbing his hands with a big sh--eating grin on his face...

No comments:

Post a Comment

MomsHugs reserves the right to delete any offensive comments.
Kids may be reading this blog & your comments!